Senior Business Analyst
Come join Avatria’s Digital Services team and help build a professional services organization that puts people first.
At Avatria, our consultants are the heart of our company. We empower our team to make every decision with integrity, and to always act in our customers’ best interests. We structure our engagements with realistic goals, reasonable travel expectations, and a core respect for work-life balance.
What You’ll Do
As an eCommerce Sr. Business Analyst, you’ll join a team of dedicated, experienced professionals to work on software development projects for our enterprise customers. You’ll get wide exposure to the business processes and technologies that support modern eCommerce systems, and the opportunity to work closely with the founders of our organization. You will be hands-on and help shape the strategy and direction of our customers’ online presence while learning a significant amount about the eCommerce space.
At Avatria, you’ll focus on:
- Solving challenging problems. You’ll use your functional and technical expertise to tackle any challenges or complex problems that arise during an implementation project. To succeed in your role you’ll need to learn quickly and be willing to take the initiative and forge a path to success based on guidance and direction from the project leads.
- Strategy and system design.You’ll be a key contributor and leader in the definition and design of our customers’ website features and functionality. In addition to becoming intimately familiar with the project details, you will also step back and focus on the big picture and ensure that Avatria’s work helps meet our customer’s business objectives. Along the way you will be exposed to the latest eCommerce trends and technologies and will enhance your knowledge of the industry.
- Integrated team collaboration.As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will be part of a tightly knit team that includes the Functional Architect, Development Lead and Project Manager, working closely with them to execute on the implementation plan and ensuring the new site is meeting our customer’s expectations.
Where You’ll Work
Avatria is based in downtown Chicago, and we’d love for you to join us here.
Our flexible culture encourages individuals to work in a manner that fits their style. You will have the ability to periodically work remotely or from home.
This is a consulting role, and you should be prepared to travel 50%+ of the time. However, we have all spent a long time living on the road — our priority is helping you work effectively, and we plan our engagements to remove travel that won’t materially increase the project’s success.
We would prefer that you use Chicago as a home base because of the cost and complexity of having team members based in other cities. However, remote work could be a possibility, and you can explain what you have in mind on your application.
Diversity at Avatria
Avatria is an equal employment opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
Our expertise at Avatria is built on the combined strength of our unique individual backgrounds. We believe that the greater the variety of experiences and perspectives on our team, the stronger our company will be, and the better we will be able to serve our customers. We encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in professional services and the software industry to apply.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have full project lifecycle experience as a Business Analyst, from scoping and requirements through production deployment
- Are able to pick up new concepts quickly and possess the ability to think critically when faced with a complex problem
- Experience working with cross functional teams on large technical projects
- Experience working as a consultant in a client-facing capacity
- Have past experience or interest in the eCommerce space
We’d also like to see (but don’t require) hands-on experience with:
- SAP Commerce (Hybris) or other major enterprise eCommerce software (Oracle, Salesforce, Magento, IBM, etc.)
- Leading teams of Business Analysts, QA testers, or other project team members
- Strategy initiatives such as eCommerce capability roadmapping
Avatria is a Chicago-based digital commerce company founded in 2014 by a team of industry veterans. We use our extensive consulting experience to help our customers plan, develop, and implement the software solutions that allow them to meet their business objectives. Additionally, we’ve developed a machine learning software product called Avatria Convert that uses analytics data to help customers optimize their websites and product offerings. By using our cutting-edge technologies, our customers are able to improve their bottom line and differentiate themselves from the competition.