Avatria is a Chicago-based, independent digital commerce firm founded in 2014 by a team of industry veterans. We provide high quality, innovative solutions for our B2C and B2B customers informed by our extensive experience with sophisticated enterprise eCommerce projects. We specialize in developing modern digital commerce strategies, building new systems on leading platforms, and helping our customers evolve their existing processes and technology to support their long-term business goals. We are committed to an honest and friendly approach to business that puts people first and does right by our customers and our team every time.
Come join Avatria's Digital Products team and help build an innovative eCommerce product that leverages machine learning technology to improve customer shopping experiences.
As an Avatria Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the technology behind a best in class commerce product. You'll have the opportunity to design and develop cutting edge software and interact with customers to help them implement it on their site. Avatria is looking for some that is passionate about web technologies, can turn difficult problems into creative solutions and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Technical team management. You’ll shape the technical direction and manage other members of the engineering team to help deliver a high-quality product. The Senior Software Engineer will lead the development effort and ensure that the solution Avatria delivers is high quality and production ready.
Solution development. You'll perform code reviews, interface with the product manager, and use your expertise to help your team build well-designed solutions for complex technical problems.
Product development. As the Senior Software Engineer you will be a key contributor to the development of product features and enhancements. You’ll work across the full stack with a focus on the back end. You will own large pieces of functionality and will become intimately familiar with the technology behind the product. This will enable you to help Avatria's customers connect the dots and integrate the product into their site.
- Undergraduate or comparable knowledge in Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional full-stack web development experience using open technologies
- Experience leading technical teams in design and development of complex systems with a desire to remain hands-on with technology
- Experience designing and developing data intensive production systems
We’d also like to see (but don’t require) hands-on experience with:
- Building services and systems using Java based technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, JMS
- Cloud & infrastructure related technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Search engine technologies like Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr
- Data processing related technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Airflow
- Developing systems in the eCommerce and/or Digital Marketing domains
Avatria is an EEOC employer. Our expertise at Avatria is built on the combined strength of our unique individual backgrounds. We believe that the greater the variety of lived experiences on our team, the stronger our company will be, and the better we will be able to serve our customers.