Product Software Engineer
Come join Avatria’s Digital Products team and help build an innovative eCommerce product that leverages machine learning technology to improve customer experiences.
As an Avatria Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the technology behind a best in class commerce product. You’ll have the opportunity to help design and develop cutting edge software and interact with customers to help them implement it on their site. You are an ideal candidate if you are passionate about web technologies, can turn difficult problems into creative solutions and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
At Avatria, you’ll focus on:
- Solving challenging problems. You’ll use your technical expertise to tackle any challenges or complex problems that arise during product development. To succeed in your role you’ll need to learn quickly and be willing to take the initiative and forge a path to success based on guidance and direction from the Engineering Lead.
- Product development. You’ll be a key contributor to the development of product features and enhancements. You’ll work across the full stack with a focus on the back-end. You’ll own large pieces of functionality and will become intimately familiar with the technology behind the product, enabling you to help Avatria’s customers connect the dots and integrate the product into their site.
- Integrated team collaboration. As a Software Engineer, you will part of a tightly knit team that includes the Engineering Lead and Product Manager, working closely with them to execute on the product roadmap and ensuring the product is meeting our customer’s expectations. You’ll also be working hand in hand with our creative designer and remote development team on a daily basis, providing them the direction they need to be successful and helping to manage their priorities.
Where You’ll Work
Avatria is based in the Willis Tower in Chicago, and we’d love for you to join us here.
We would prefer that you use Chicago as a home base because of the cost and complexity of having team members based in other cities. However, remote work could be a possibility for experienced remote workers, and you can explain what you have in mind on your application.
Diversity at Avatria
Avatria is an equal employment opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
Our expertise at Avatria is built on the combined strength of our unique individual backgrounds. We believe that the greater the variety of lived experiences on our team, the stronger our company will be, and the better we will be able to serve our customers. We encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in professional services and the software industry to apply.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you have experience with:
- Undergraduate or comparable knowledge in Computer Science
- 3+ years of professional full-stack web development experience using open technologies
- Experience with both relational and big data storage technologies and techniques
We’d also like to see (but don’t require) hands-on experience with:
- Building services and systems using Java based technologies such as Spring, JPA, JAX-RS, Kafka
- Infrastructure & DevOps related technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Search engine technologies like Lucene, Elasticsearch, Solr
- Data science, data processing, and machine learning
- Developing systems in the eCommerce and/or Digital Marketing domains
Avatria is a Chicago-based, independent digital commerce firm founded in 2014 by a team of industry veterans. We provide high quality, innovative solutions for our B2C and B2B customers informed by our extensive experience with sophisticated enterprise eCommerce projects. We specialize in developing modern digital commerce strategies, building new systems on leading platforms, and helping our customers evolve their existing processes and technology to support their long-term business goals. We are committed to an honest and friendly approach to business that puts people first, and does right by our customers and our team every time.