As an eCommerce developer and technical consultant, you’ll join a team of dedicated, experienced professionals to work on software development projects for our enterprise customers. You’ll get wide exposure to the business processes and technologies that support modern eCommerce systems, and the opportunity to work closely with the founders of our organization. If you’re new to eCommerce, Avatria will provide the opportunity to learn quickly and if you already have experience in the the industry, your expertise and ideas will be key to success on our projects.
At Avatria, you’ll focus on:
- Building Robust Solutions. You’ll learn new technology stacks, shape the final technical direction for our projects, and work closely with other members of the development team to deliver a high quality product. Each developer on our team plays a critical role in ensuring the success of our customer’s initiatives, and you will see the importance of your work.
- Integrated team collaboration. You’ll work closely with business analysts, visual designers, quality assurance team members, and other developers to accomplish your goals. You’ll also help teach your colleagues in our customers’ organizations about the project we’re working on, and help build their capacity to maintain and expand what we create for them over the long term.
Avatria is based in downtown Chicago, and we’d love for you to join us here. When you’re not traveling, your hours will be flexible and you’ll be free to work from home (or anywhere else you want).
This is a consulting role, and you should be prepared to travel 50%+ of the time. However, we have all spent a long time living on the road — our priority is helping you work effectively, and we plan our engagements to remove travel that won’t materially increase the project’s success.
We would prefer that you use Chicago as a home base because of the cost and complexity of having services team members based in other cities. However, remote work could be a possibility, and you can explain what you have in mind on your application.
Avatria is an equal employment opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic.
However, our expertise at Avatria is built on the combined strength of our unique individual backgrounds. We believe that the greater the variety of lived experiences on our team, the stronger our company will be, and the better we will be able to serve our customers. We encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in professional services and the software industry to apply.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you have experience with:
- Have full-stack Java web development experience. Your colleagues will look to you for both a high-level understanding of how all the component parts of a large Java web applications fit together, and your practical hands-on experience working across the stack. To do well, you should already be generally proficient in:
- Working with the frameworks and tools used to build large-scale Java web apps, such as Spring/JEE;
- Writing HTML and CSS to modern standards;
- Enjoy technical problem solving. Many of our projects push up against the boundaries of what standard tools and libraries can do. You’ll use your knowledge of programming concepts and paradigms, data structures, design patterns, networking, and computer architecture to navigate new and unknown technical problems, and enable our customers to operate at the scale they need to in order to succeed.
We’d also like to see (but don’t require) experience with:
- At least one enterprise eCommerce platform, like SAP Commerce (Hybris)
- Single Page Application frameworks like Angular 1 and 2, React, or Backbone
- Search technologies like Solr or Elasticsearch
- Other Java frameworks and tools such as Hibernate/JPA, and JAX-RS/WS