Avatria is a Chicago-based, independent digital commerce firm founded in 2014 by a team of industry veterans. We provide high quality, innovative solutions for our B2C and B2B customers informed by our extensive experience with sophisticated enterprise eCommerce projects. We specialize in developing modern digital commerce strategies, building new systems on leading platforms, and helping our customers evolve their existing processes and technology to support their long-term business goals. We are committed to an honest and friendly approach to business that puts people first, and does right by our customers and our team every time.
As an eCommerce developer and technical consultant, you’ll join a team of dedicated, experienced professionals to work on software development projects for our enterprise customers. You’ll get wide exposure to the business processes and technologies that support modern eCommerce systems, and the opportunity to work closely with the founders of our organization. If you’re new to eCommerce, Avatria will provide the opportunity to learn quickly and if you already have experience in the the industry, your expertise and ideas will be key to success on our projects.
- Building Robust Solutions. You’ll learn new technology stacks, shape the final technical direction for our projects, and work closely with other members of the development team to deliver a high quality product. Each developer on our team plays a critical role in ensuring the success of our customer’s initiatives, and you will see the importance of your work.
- Integrated team collaboration. You’ll work closely with business analysts, visual designers, quality assurance team members, and other developers to accomplish your goals. You’ll also help teach your colleagues in our customers’ organizations about the project we’re working on, and help build their capacity to maintain and expand what we create for them over the long term.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you have experience with:
- Have full-stack Java web development experience. Your colleagues will look to you for both a high-level understanding of how all the component parts of a large Java web applications fit together, and your practical hands-on experience working across the stack. To do well, you should already be generally proficient in:
- Working with the frameworks and tools used to build large-scale Java web apps, such as Spring/JEE;
- Writing HTML and CSS to modern standards;
- Enjoy technical problem solving. Many of our projects push up against the boundaries of what standard tools and libraries can do. You’ll use your knowledge of programming concepts and paradigms, data structures, design patterns, networking, and computer architecture to navigate new and unknown technical problems, and enable our customers to operate at the scale they need to in order to succeed.
We’d also like to see (but don’t require) experience with:
- At least one enterprise eCommerce platform, like SAP Commerce (Hybris)
- Single Page Application frameworks like Angular 1 and 2, React, or Backbone
- Search technologies like Solr or Elasticsearch
- Other Java frameworks and tools such as Hibernate/JPA, and JAX-RS/WS
Avatria is an EEOC employer. Our expertise at Avatria is built on the combined strength of our unique individual backgrounds. We believe that the greater the variety of lived experiences on our team, the stronger our company will be, and the better we will be able to serve our customers.