New Era is a leading international sports and lifestyle brand with thousands of vendors, and partnerships with some of the largest sports organizations on the planet (e.g. MLB). In the Fall of 2019 the New Era team engaged Avatria to help them explore topics that they viewed as critical to their ability to scale neweracap.com globally in an operationally efficient manner while providing positive customer experiences as a leading lifestyle brand.
- Rolling Deployments: Avatria educated New Era on how they could conduct Rolling Deployments, so the end-user wouldn’t lose their session or see a maintenance page during a website deployment.
- Global Rollout Strategy: Avatria recommended a methodical approach to global rollout, including establishing and deploying a foundation of common features, organizing countries by similar features and secondary objectives, piloting countries in each group, and then launching remaining group countries as a configuration exercise.
- Delayed Cloud Migration: Avatria reviewed costs, benefits, preparations, and sequencing of the Commerce Cloud upgrade, helping New Era develop their plan for migration.
- Privacy Recommendations: Avatria explored some known regulations in the European Union (GDPR), United States (CCPA), Russia, and China. We discussed their impact to New Era processes and procedures and made recommendations for how one might approach compliance more holistically.
In addition to exploring these topics, Avatria organized an after-hours visit to Sports World Chicago, one of New Era’s largest Chicagoland customers, to discuss topics related to:
- Product positioning in stores
- B2B purchasing experience with New Era
- Things New Era does well vs. things they can improve on