A leading manufacturer, competition organizer, and distributor of academic apparel, sports equipment, and cheerleading accessories embarked on a complete overhaul of their enterprise-wide digital ecosystem.
Due to the complexity of their ecosystem, including the below factors, the client selected Avatria to complete an eCommerce platform vendor selection:
The client is made up of 3 unique businesses in different verticals, each selling made-to-order as well as stocked inventory.
Customers include both businesses (schools and teams) and individuals (family members and students), with a layered relationship between the two driving account, product, and order complexity.
Each school/team has own price list and catalog of products available for sale.
- A company overview and product roadmap to determine the best long-term fit
- Case studies related to specific topics
- A narrative exploration of topics related to bespoke functionality and technical guiding principles
- Broad functional coverage using a self-evaluated requirements matrix
- Live demonstration based on specific scenarios
In addition to facilitating the entire vendor selection process, we supported the client in key decision points along the way. These tasks included:
- Adjusting vendor-provided input on the coverage of functionality to consistently align with our scoring rubric for a quantitative apples-to-apples comparison
- Clarifying certain elements of RFP responses and demonstrations so that the client could understand how features and functionality aligned with requirements
- Rationalizing quantitative analyses to build a vendor short list for qualitative analysis
- Preparing information sheets for each shortlisted vendor; these were used by the client to facilitate qualitative analysis sessions, resulting in the selection of a vendor for procurement
- Using our expertise of the platforms, industry, and previous license negotiations to assist Procurement in negotiating the vendor quote to a favorable discount